Exploring the Australian outback is every adventurer’s dream. But it is not entirely safe if you are not prepared. One of the most important ways to ensure a hassle-free experience is to pick a suitable car.
Anyone who has explored the outback will tell you to drive a 4×4, such as Suzuki Jimny, which easily stands out because of its unique, boxy look. It’s a workhorse yet lightweight that will make you think the engine is underpowered. But don’t let it fool you. It delivers a powerful performance, taking on any off-road challenge.
With a 4×4, you can cruise the Australian off-road with little to no problems. Some call it a 4WD, which is not entirely wrong. But just bear in mind that not all 4WDs are 4×4, although all 4×4 cars use a 4WD system. That said, you can optimise your journey with a vehicle designed for off-road trips, along with the right accessories.
Here are our recommendations for 4×4 accessories every off-roader must have:
- BullbarWe’re not just talking about any bullbar. Make the investment count by choosing one that’s genuinely heavy duty. You may have no use for bullbars as you drive around in the city, but they are an absolute necessity when venturing out in the bush.A heavy-duty bullbar will keep the front of your vehicle protected. It’s sturdy and effective in preventing rocks, branches, and other things from damaging your car. Driving off-road usually leads to encountering solid objects that could hit your headlights or the front end of your vehicle. Some of them could even fly right into your windshield. But you don’t have to worry about them when you have a bullbar installed.Another reason why this accessory is useful for off-roaders is that it’s compatible with other attachments. You can bolt UHF aerials, rod holders, and winches onto the bullbar.
- SuspensionYour 4×4 is manufactured to withstand extreme outdoor conditions. It doesn’t mean nothing can go wrong. When driving on uneven dirt roads, the car springs will be put under a lot of stress. Shock absorbers and stabilisers or steering dampers can become fiery hot. In short, the components can malfunction and eventually stop working due to over-exhaustion.It’s scary to think you could be left stranded in an area that you’re most likely unfamiliar with. That’s why it is essential to have a suspension installed before you go off-roading. It’s even more crucial when you know that you will face demanding terrain. That way, you reduce the risk of damaging the vehicle’s vulnerable parts when there are obstacles.
- Dashboard CoversThe engine is not the only part of the car that can suffer from high temperatures when travelling off-road. Your car’s dashboard is prone to cracking, warping, or fading, especially when exposed to the harsh sun. It’s true – even if your vehicle is designed to be tough, such as a Land Rover Discovery or Range Rover. Both these 4×4 vehicles are built for the great outdoors, but their dashboard surfaces still require additional protection.Please don’t risk it. Protect the dashboard from harmful UV rays, dust, and other elements with a dashboard cover. And don’t worry about the cover ruining the style of the vehicle’s interior. Shop our high-quality dashboard covers here.
- Window Sun ShadesSo, your dashboard is safe from the sun’s UV rays, but what about you and the passengers? This is where sun shades come in. They are every adventurer’s best friend because these window covers help create and maintain a comfortable environment for everyone in the vehicle. Sunshades cover the side windows, providing shading protection while reducing the temperature in the car. It’s beneficial when driving in the middle of the day when the sun can get too hot.High temperatures can keep you and the passengers from enjoying music, food, or movies. That’s why it is so important to use sunshades. Plus, leaving the car as you explore can lead to heat exhaustion – even when you park it in a shaded area. The last thing you want is to sit on a scorching seat when you’re ready to go back on the road.We have the sun shades you need for your off-road vehicle. If you are in a hurry or busy, you may not even know the sizes of your car windows. Not a problem. We support a wide variety of 4×4 off-road vehicles, including Dacia Duster and Subaru XV, as well as vehicles with large, curved, or rectangular windows.
Provide the make, model, and body type of your vehicle, and you can select the product you wish to buy. It’s indeed straightforward and only requires a few clicks.
- Driving LightsHave you ever traversed a pathway at night? It’s not as exciting when you cannot see the road. It can get dark, especially when the nearest town is hours away. Before the trip, install LED driving lights. Don’t trust your car’s high beams, which are not enough to light up the road for you.There are several options, including a light bar, which you install on top of your car. The LED light bar gives you a broader view of the path, allowing you to see hazards, such as ditches and animals. Another option is a spotlight, which can shine the path up to a kilometre away.
These five essentials eliminate all the “what ifs” so that you can focus on the sights and have an enjoyable trip. Here at Shevron, we have a range of 4×4 accessories for your next off-road adventure.